Responsibilities include but are not limited to Layout, planning the sequence of operations, fabrication, assembly or repair, and related manufacturing research/development of various types and sizes of jigs, fixtures, tools, dies, and master tooling made from various materials.
- Sets up and operates a variety of computer-controlled or mechanically-controlled machine tools to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools.
- Study blueprints, sketches, specifications, or computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files for making tools and dies
- Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of workpieces
- Set up, operate, and tear down conventional, manual, or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- File, grind and adjust parts so that they fit together properly
- Test completed tools or dies to ensure that they meet specifications
- Inspect for proper dimensions and defects
- Smooth and polish surfaces of tools and dies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with tool and die or JIG and Fixture
- Experience setting up and operating machine tools
- Experience fabricating jigs, tools, dies and master tooling
- Experience interpreting tool design drawings and reading blueprints
- Able to work with effectively little or no direct supervision
- Knowledge of ISO compliance & certification procedures and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment following OSHA regulations.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce finished components from a concept or engineering drawings
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to stay organized, and multi-task.
Employees are required to report any concerns associated with environmental compliance to their supervisor, General Manager, or Environmental Manager. Employees are also required to complete training in hazardous waste management procedures, emergency response, and other topics, as outlined in the facility’s training program.
Lutco offers an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.