The Quality Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Quality organization, including projects and systems, to ensure the regulatory compliance and quality of Lutco products delivered to our customers.
- Assure Lutco’s Quality systems and procedures satisfy government, certification, and customer requirements, and assure compliance of product shipped to contractual requirements.
- Main point of contact with customers, regulatory, and government agencies on all quality related issues, and audits.
- Maintain and update the Quality Manual.
- Control and approve internal procedures.
- Auditing of Lutco for compliance.
- Lead department in continuous improvement activities, preventative actions, root cause analysis, and corrective actions in support of the Quality System and effective operational execution.
- Accomplish department and corporate goals and objectives by managing and evaluating staff and activities, identifying problems and variances, and initiating corrective action, and recommending system improvements.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, systems, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Implements measures to improve inspection method, equipment/tool performance, product quality, efficiency, and morale.
- Ensure full compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure materials meet specifications, quality standards and are cost-efficient.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of proven quality management; or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc., Outlook, Access).
- Strong familiarity with ISO compliance.
- MRP knowledge, SAP experience preferred.
- Training as ISO9001/AS9100 Lead Auditor
- Proven experience in statistical analysis
- Experience in Material and Inventory Control-type systems such as Kanban, SMI, Continuous Flow Manufacturing.
- Experience utilizing and applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to analyze and negotiate.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organization levels.
- Enforces cooperates with and complies with all company inventory control policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must have solid skills in leadership, presentation, communication, and customer service
- Must have experience in manufacturing and production industry, specific to Quality Control
- Must have a working knowledge of metrology equipment, usage, and calibration.
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and teach others.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail, and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.