Performs routine and repetitive inspection procedures to ensure quality levels at various stages of production
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment, not meeting specifications
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Collect or select samples for testing
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found
- Read dials and meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels
- Clean, maintain, repair, and calibrate measuring instruments and test equipment such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, and height gauges.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a quality inspector
- Ability to learn and work with specialized inspection equipment (i.e.CMM, comparator, etc)
- Proficient working with inspection tools: microscope, magnifier.
- Able to work with effectively little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and execute First Article Inspections to meet requirements.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Meticulous record-keeping and tremendous attention to detail
- Knowledge of ISO compliance & certification procedures and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment following OSHA regulations.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to stay organized, and multi-task.
Employees are required to report any concerns associated with environmental compliance to their supervisor, General Manager, or Environmental Manager. Employees are also required to complete training in hazardous waste management procedures, emergency response, and other topics, as outlined in the facility’s training program.
Lutco offers an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.