The Purchasing Manager under general direction is responsible for the management and administration of the purchasing activities within the Company as well as creating and implementing purchasing policies and procedures, programs, and initiatives to ensure cost-effective and efficient management.
- Plans and implements activities related to the procurement of materials, parts, components, equipment, services, and supplies necessary to the business.
- Directs the activities of buyers to accomplish company objectives.
- Review and approve purchases following the company’s guidelines.
- Identifies Critical and Strategic suppliers.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Review and maintain purchasing files and records (purchase orders, contracts, etc.) to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Monitors raw material levels to achieve company goals for inventory turns and on-time delivery to customers while managing the company’s liability.
- Responsible for raw material cost, supplier delivery schedules and works with Quality and Engineering departments to achieve the highest possible supplier quality.
- Manages the supplier base to optimize the number of suppliers and minimize reliance on sole sources of supply.
- Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the individual and departmental performance goals are met.
- Contract management to include all aspects (e.g., administer, review, manage, file, evaluate, analyze, and negotiate).
- Research and evaluate vendors/contracts to ensure they are in compliance with Company regulations.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures. Review and maintain a good record of purchasing files and records (purchase orders, contracts, etc.) to ensure its compliance with Company policies and procedures and ensure the availability of documentation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or supply management is preferred.
- Minimum of three (5) years experience in a manufacturing-related purchasing role.
- Computer literacy – Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc., Outlook, Syteline).
- Knowledge of purchasing policies processes, and procedures, (e.g. APICS CPIM designation) would be a significant plus.
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms and pricing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Ability to learn new software/processes.
- Familiar with semi-precision bearings, metal stampings, machined parts, and custom bearing assemblies
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail, and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.