At Lutco, Inc., we owe our success to the efficiency of the organizational processes. We are currently seeking a self-motivated, well-organized, and experienced Operations Manager to join our management team. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated success in leading manufacturing operations and implementing change improvements to achieve the next level of performance and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments towards maximum productivity and effective process. They will display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, navigate obstacles, and a willingness to help understand the benefit of consistent process improvement efforts that are documentable and maintained.
- Responsible for all aspects of manufacturing processes including planning, scheduling, and controlling the flow of in-house raw materials, material flow, work-in-process, finished goods, final product packaging, and all inventory control.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and timely shipment of high-quality products in compliance with production schedules.
- Conduct weekly production review meetings with production management and team leaders to meet on-time delivery demands.
- Evaluate production scheduling reports, adjust production schedules as may be necessary to reflect changes in priorities.
- Review staffing and initiate requests to add or reduce staff as required.
- Work with Sales, Finance, and senior management to establish annual business forecasts.
- Maintain constant communication with management staff and vendors to ensure proper operations within the organization.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity, using lean manufacturing concepts and principles.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Motivate employees by communicating a clear vision that enables all employees to understand the company wide objectives.
- Leads and builds team capabilities by working with individuals on performance improvement, career planning, training, and skills development.
- Develops, communicates, and executes a skills matrix and an apprentice training plans.
- Drives a continuous improvement methodology and promotes cost savings.
- Analyzes and reports on key performance indicators, completing root cause analyses, and developing and executing action items while removing barriers and addressing issues.
- Manage the functions associated with scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and management, manufacturing, logistics, and maintenance.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum 6-years of Manufacturing Operational leadership experience working in a manufacturing product-related business.
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment is required with demonstrated success in continuous improvement.
- Solid understanding of Production Scheduling/Planning utilizing KANBAN principles.
- Manage the functions associated with scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and management, manufacturing, logistics, and maintenance strong cost justification development and oversight skills.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of branch operations and customer service.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook) and aptitude to learn new applications.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Syteline a plus)
- Resilient and flexible, able to multitask and prioritize with an innate ability to understand and accept change and motivate others around change.
- Positive influencer.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail, and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.