The Manufacturing Engineer supports the analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering problems of a moderate to complex scope. The position will plan, conduct and coordinate all process engineering functions pertaining to manufacturing as well as be responsible for the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment to maximize cost effectiveness, quality, reliability and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Design and implement manufacturing processes including production flow, machine operation methods and production equipment to support operators and drive process improvement.
- Create and modify work instructions as necessary to document processes critical to quality, establish appropriate process controls.
- Train supervisors and production operators on new processes, work instructions and equipment to ensure quality and repeatability.
- Facilitate layout of equipment, workspaces and overall work flow to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Collaborate with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Lead cross functional process improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Design and develop a variety of fixtures, templates and tools to desired performance and product specification.
- Special projects as needed to support operations and customers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in stamping industry is desirable
- Prior machine design & stamping tool design is desirable
- Prior experience in SolidWorks is desirable
- Project management skills
- Detail-oriented, team player, strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel occasionally between locations within Worcester, MA a must
Works primarily in an office environment with some occasional need to visit and interact with employees in the manufacturing shop
Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk