The Maintenance Mechanics are primarily responsible for the preventive and predictive maintenance of production equipment according to safety standards. Maintenance personnel maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and improve the processes related to the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. All work must be performed within the budgeted standards in a safe, efficient, and professional manner while maintaining a high standard of quality and safety.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of heavy industrial processing machinery.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- With Maintenance Manager, develop and maintain assigned Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Preventative Maintenance Procedures (PMPs) and supporting documentation.
- Effectively communicate, integrate and ensure compliance with all policies in all operations
- Coordinate the performance of work following specifications and work plan.
- Perform work in a safe an efficient manner in compliance with company and OSHA rules and regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical skills – must be able to rebuild pumps, cylinders, valves, and blowers
- Electrical skills – Relays, motors, motor starters, fuses, drives, control wiring, etc.
- Troubleshoot – solid problem solving
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function in industrial equipment.
- Understanding of VFD’s, motor controllers in industrial equipment.
- Familiar with material handling equipment, cranes, fork trucks, and hand trucks.
- Experience in metal forming, CNC machining, heat treating, and light automation.
- Familiar with building systems, air compressors, electrical distribution, plumbing, HVAC.
- Knowledge of ISO compliance & certification procedures and processes.
- Able to fabricate, Knowledge of brakes, shears, welders, grinders, etc.
- Familiar with welding
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Intellectual curiosity, someone who finds/discovers a problem and is just looking to understand it when they don’t.
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment following OSHA regulations.
- On-call 24-hour emergency response for assigned periods.
- Performance of other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
Education and Certifications:
- The minimum education required is a High School Diploma with a Trade Certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to stay organized, and multi-task.
Technical Knowledge Required
- Mechanical – Expert knowledge of machines, tools, and critical systems (e.g., building automation systems, and electrical power systems) including their design, operations, repair, and maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of software relevant to Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Safety – Knowledge of relevant OSHA policies and procedures to ensure safe operation of mechanical systems and tools.
- ISO 9001:2015 – Knowledge of compliance & certification procedures and processes.
Employees are required to report any concerns associated with environmental compliance to their supervisor, General Manager, or Environmental Manager. Employees are also required to complete training in hazardous waste management procedures, emergency response, and other topics, as outlined in the facility’s training program.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.