Employee sets and regulates temperature controls, visually checks parts for foreign matter, positions parts on racks, loads furnaces, monitors heating cycle to assure that parts are brought up to the proper temperature and for the proper amount of cycle time. In addition, this individual monitors the heating cycle is capable of answering alarms and clearing the condition causing those alarms as appropriate. Also, this person will remove parts from the furnace; immerse them in a chemical, water, brine, or an oil bath for quenching. Additional skills may include (depending upon the equipment at the site) the ability to drive a truck and/or operate specialized equipment such as an induction heating furnace.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must have experience in a metalworking environment, preferably chain manufacturing with an emphasis on heat treatment and metal finishing processes. Able to read and interpret engineering blueprints and specifications.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Able to understand and follow procedures for both quality & operations of the process area.
- Must be a team player capable of working with peers and supervisors.
- Must be flexible and capable of adapting work practices as required to suit the needs of the business.
- Must be capable of handling weights above 40 lbs.
- Follow the direction/instruction of the group leader or supervisor.
- Recognize and report for correction, errors in routing procedures, prints, drawings, specifications, and materials.
- Basic math understanding
- High School diploma or equivalent 3 or more years experience working with PLC or CNC controlled machinery preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Previous stamping experience is an asset
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with the following equipment;
- Wash unit
- Batch Furnaces
- Temper Oven
- Endo Generator
- Samsco Evaporator
- Hardness Tester
- Ability to read and interpret setup sheets and prints
- Ability to perform a basic inspection with calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, and optical comparators.
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: Gaging: 1 year (Preferred)
Blueprint Reading: 1 year (Preferred)
Acme Machine: 1 year (Preferred)
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.
Other Requirements: Experience in Quality and ISO requirements and procedures a plus
Communicate effectively in English, ESL, OK.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Position spends 80% of the time on feet either walking, lifting, pulling, and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail, and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.