A Shop Foreman opens the shop, leads, assists, and performs all day to day shop operations, provides information and direction to the workforce. The Shop Foreman Will coordinate with management to prepare a production schedule that will achieve completion within cost guidelines while maintaining the highest standards of quality and customer service.
- Work with engineering on new projects using machine knowledge as a guide
- Program CNC equipment and debug programs received for new components
- Responsible for maintenance of the vending system for purchased inserts CNC department
- Set up and operate production equipment, both primary and secondary work centers
- Responsible for keeping tooling and machine components stocked
- Work with tooling engineer for ACME and CNC tooling
- Troubleshoot equipment failures with machine manufacturers
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the shop
- Special projects as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Set Up and Operation of both CNC and Analog machining centers
- Familiar with Microsoft Office apps, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Possess the ability to methodically troubleshoot and resolve machining challenges.
Education: High School Diploma required,
Vocational or technical certification preferred
Experience: 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting, with supervisory experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office apps, specifically Excel and Word
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Position spends 80% of the time on feet either walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.