This position will oversee the daily operations of the engineering department and provide technical leadership to implement and improve product and process capabilities. Communicate activities, actions, progress, and goals of the engineering department to the organization. Develop and recommend engineering policies and programs for existing products as well as new products. Establish, monitor, and report on engineering performance measures.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, product design, and materials.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise, support, and development related to manufacturing.
- Evaluate and recommend new methods, equipment, and processes to improve existing operations.
- Supervise engineers, Tool Room Supervisor, and Toolmakers.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review manufacturing designs for manufacturability and completeness.
- Oversee the document of engineering design procedures.
- Estimate costs, production times, and staffing requirements for new product designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products to ensure they meet customer specifications quality standards.
- Assist with the purchase of equipment, tools, dies, fixtures, and materials to meet customer design specifications.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Oversee product and tool design.
- Oversee the preparation of BOMs, Quality Control, and ISP 9001 data.
- Help to develop overall concepts for new products.
- Interface with other functional departments to influence the efficient execution of projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Communicate effectively.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Leadership – Ability to motivate staff.
- Effective Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving – Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- Strategic Planning – Develop and create long term goals.
- Time Management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 15 years of experience in Bearing Design & Manufacture. 5+ years of experience in metal stamping and turning operations.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, familiarity with Solidworks or similar software, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.
- Other Requirements: Expertise in Quality and ISO requirements and procedures. Familiarity with agricultural lawn and garden equipment a plus.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.