Responsible for setting up and operating to close tolerance (+/- 0.001”), performing such operations as boring, milling, drilling, thread milling, rigid tapping, and other operations.
- Perform CNC machinery set-up function by downloading preset CNC programs, making adjustments to the direct sequence of machine operation.
- Operate CNC manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods
- Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify the appropriate person of deviation when needed
- Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
- Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
- Special projects as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
- Intermediate math (algebra, geometry) and computer skills
- Ability to understand and use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years relevant experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, familiarity with Solidworks or similar software, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.
Other Requirements: Expertise in Quality and ISO requirements and procedures.
Communicate effectively in English, ESL, OK.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Position spends 80% of the time on feet either walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.