Responsible for managing computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment from setup to operation, producing parts and tools from different resources, including metal and plastic. Monitoring machinery, inspect finished products, and leading test runs.
- Measuring finished pieces to ensure they meet design specifications.
- Removing and replacing dull cutter heads as necessary.
- Adjusting or installing new attachments and fixtures as necessary.
- Moving workpieces onto the cutting plane manually or with the use of hoists.
- Programming a router’s computer with new design profiles as required.
- Calculating and adjusting a router’s cutting speed according to design needs.
- Work with CNC programmers to diagnose and eliminate defective parts and machine downtime.
- Special projects as requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical knowledge of how a CNC router operates and its maintenance needs.
- Mathematical knowledge, including knowledge of statistics, algebra, geometry, calculus, and arithmetic.
- Production/processing knowledge, including knowledge of raw materials, cost control, quality control, and production processes.
- Computer knowledge regarding CNC router computers.
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: Requires one year(s) of general routing / NC machine experience and familiarity with NC operational procedures and a working knowledge of GDT
Machine shop experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.
- Acute hearing for detecting sounds that indicate a router isn’t performing properly.
- Near vision for reading computer screens
- Critical thinking for programming instructions into a router’s computer and performing cuts in the right order.
- Concentration for focusing on router operation once it begins the routing process.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Position spends 80% of the time on feet either walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), STD, and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.